Wednesday, October 3, 2012
DIGITAL NATION
They say that working on a computer during class distracts many students at MIT, but they also say that teachers can allow their students to use their laptops or not. So if the teachers really wanted their students to listen, they would not allow computers/laptops while they are giving a presentaion or teaching important information, and perhaps some other times. So i somewhat disagree with what MIT does. They also say that multitaskters can't think as well. I agree with that because sometimes when you're working on an assignment online, you get easily distracted. And students probably spend so much time online, because nowadays the teachers are assigning many projects and other work online, along with the other things they use like facebook and such. I disagree with the fact that being online makes your brain develop more slowly, because if you use it for good uses like learning things from googliing it or whatever, you can perhaps still maintain the progress of brain development. But, like those people in the pc bombs who've died from being online for so long without food or water, that's severely bad. I agree witht he fact that sometimes thy can block out your family or friends. I think it's better that the schools have more computers, so tht they can learn how to do educational things with them. I think, maybe students would want to work more if they were working on electronic devices than on paper, but it might make them lazy, with writing, spelling etc. I also think that since laptops, computers and other things made kids lazier in general. Like, before there were computers, you don't see the students of that time freaking out because they dont have it. I think they became more dependant on technology, the more it became available. I think in order to stop the interruptions of learning, that that is partly the parents and teachers' fault. They should lock down and be more strict with the electronics, like if a student has to write an essay online, they should find a way to block the internet while they write it, and when they finish their work, then they can unblock it. I think that the online multiplayer games are sort of a waste of time, and that even though they get online friends, thay it sucks up too much of their time. And some people who have conferences and work things online and in second life, i dont believe thats the best choice to have it. If you wanted to have a conference call and chat, without being distracted by a game, you would use skype or something else for it, and why have conferences there when you're all in the same office? it's also very strange that you can make kids believe they did something by showing them a virtual version of them doing it, then they will remember. I mean, what do you gain from doing that, and whats the point? it's not like it's going to matter when theyre older and they probably forget. I think that the drones are an easier way to fight wars, but i'm wondering if the enemy has them as well. but with the drones, at least less of our soldiers get killed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment