Goals
- Make a background for some trees
- Draw some realistic trees
- Shade them in according to the background lighting
Links:
http://www.pocketmole.com/tutorials/trees/ was very helpful, as it showed me to not draw trees neatly, and how to texture them. the tree bark textures were a giant help, and so was how to make the tree limbs logical.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRPmyIG_chA&feature=related Showed me how to use references to shade realistically and how to use layers to do so. I also learned how to take a snippete of an actual picture from a tree and make a textured custom brush from it, and how to edit it to make it more realistic and natural.
From those main tutorials and other quick ones, this is what I made today:
I textured the bark on most of the tree, and I did the background, but I didn't have time to add leaves or make the shading more detailed.
Next class i would like to learn how to paint rocks and mountains.

No comments:
Post a Comment