3 goals for this day are:
-To figure out what specific kind of art career I would like to have,
-To find at least one college that offers a class (possible as a major), and
-To find out what the requirements to enter the college and take the class are.
Useful links:
http://www.n8w.com/wp/552 - Although it doesn't provide a technical sense of how to major in an art career or offer schools to go to, this link gives you interesting information about how to be original in your illustrations and how to be more unique than others.
http://www.theartcareerproject.com/art-as-a-career/#58
http://www.theartcareerproject.com/illustration/#online - These two links (in the same domain, they're just different pages) are extremely helpful because they let you know what the requirements for each class are, and it gives you a list of schools in which you can look further into.
http://www.artinstitutes.edu/denver/ - This is a school I'm considering going to, as it's one of the few art schools in Colorado and I'm going to live there until I do get the chance to go to college. They have all the specific information that I need to decide on a career.
Information:
Some information I learned about in this research time is that to enter the Art Institute of Colorado, you need a basic portfolio of your best works and a high school diploma or GED. There are many pros to this college (i.e. It's located close to where I'm going to live, it has the classes which I'm interested in, and it has a pretty high employment rate after graduation). However, it's very expensive to attend. Another school which has the advantages of being close and having art courses is the Metropolitan State University of Denver. While the art classes alone at AIC are around $80,000, All tuitions for Metro are around $2,500. Ill have to consider which school to go to, but due to the price of AIC, I'll probably go to Metro.
Goals for next class:
Learn the details of each school and look into another one possibly.
No comments:
Post a Comment